Emergency Contact Information
If you are a U.S. citizen with an emergency situation, please call 613-238-5335. A Duty Officer is available 24 hours a day.
Our normal business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm. We are closed on Wednesdays and Canadian and U.S. holidays. Non-emergency services are performed on an appointment basis but a Duty Officer is always available for emergencies at 613-238-5335. This number is for emergencies and should not be used for visa inquiries.
Please review the U.S. Embassy website for additional information on emergency and non-emergency services.
Emergency contact numbers outside of the Ottawa consular region (which includes Eastern Ontario, and those parts of the Québec regions of Outaouais and Abitibi-Témiscamingue near Ottawa) are as follows:
- Calgary consular region (includes Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories): 403-266-8962, and press "0" for immediate assistance
- Halifax consular region (includes New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and the French islands of St. Pierre & Miquelon): 902-429-2480
- Montreal consular region (includes southern Quebec, encompassing the Laurentides, Lanaudiere, Laval, Montreal, Montregie, Estrie, as well as the southern parts of Centre-du-Quebec, including Drummondville: 514-981-5059
- Québec City consular region (includes those regions of Québec to the north and east of the Montreal and Ottawa Districts (indicated above), plus the territory of Nunavut): 418-692-2095
- Toronto consular region (includes Ontario, excluding Eastern Ontario): 416-595-6506
- Vancouver consular region (includes British Columbia and Yukon Territory): 604-685-4311
- Winnipeg consular region (includes Manitoba): 204-940-1800
For all non-emergency matters, please consult the relevant sections of this website.